The Michigan Port Collaborative unites our ports and partners, recognizing that our Great Lakes and coastal assets are absolutely key to growing Michigan jobs, businesses and tourism, as well as protecting our precious and unique inland seas.
Together, Michigan ports and our partners are uniting to:
- Advance common policy and budget priorities in Lansing and Washington D.C.
- Develop and sustain the Blue Water Highway to provide affordable and environmentally protective freight and passenger transportation on our Great Lakes.
- Showcase Michigan’s rich history, bountiful natural beauty, modern and historic maritime commerce.
- Build Great Lakes stewardship.
- Share port resources, news, innovative ideas and best practices.
- Link higher education, business and port leaders to anticipate port related jobs.
The Michigan Port Collaborative unites port communities working to develop our Great Lakes and coastline as "Michigan's Front Door".
Our Great Lakes, ports and coastal assets are unique in the world and are critical to future efforts to revitalize the Michigan economy. We are dedicated to growing and sustaining a robust waterfront economy that integrates marine passenger and freight transportation, commercial maritime operations, recreation, tourism and education about our region's history, while protecting the Great Lakes.